Monday, May 25, 2015

The Elegant Me


An Instagram friend once asked, "What's with the username?" I told her, it's about friendship.

It was coined way back in 2000 when my friends from college and I were reviewing for our board examinations. We stayed in Manila for 6 months (had fun for 4 months and did actual reviewing for 2 months only!)  During one afternoon when it was too hot to concentrate on what our parents though we were supposed to be doing, we were having our usual laughing and endless story-sharing sessions. I don't exactly remember what was the topic that day but we decided to come up with our aliases. 

Since our group is comprised of the most good-looking girls from Saint Louis University's B.S. Chemical Engineering Class of 2000 (Walang kokontra! Else tutubuan ka ng maraming puting buhok at wrinkles!), we used the adjectives to describe what we obviously are. And so came the names of Pretty Rona, Girl-Next-Door Jhette, Cute Cons, Elegant Joann and the most famous Gorgeous Dhex! (Sorry Aye and G-bel, but I don't remember your aliases.)


"Never explain yourself. Your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe it"  
         
  - Belgicia Howell

I am missing my TOLS (how we call each other)... I wonder when could we again have a whole day of laughter, occasional tears, and endless sharing of stories. I hope it will be soon mga tol. Meantime I am reminded of that fun-filled six months (and the 4 years of college) everytime I log-in.

Let's live life to the fullest! 

Cheers,

ELEGANT Jong*


P.S.

Much to the chagrin of other people, we all passed the board exams and became registered Chemical Engineers in November 2000. A lot of eyebrows raised when they found out we were having a "good time" instead of studying. 

P.P.S.

I am again a member of another group, Sigma Mu, a.k.a Samahan ng mga Magaganda, a.k.a. CANDIDS. I'll talk about these girls later.

No comments:

Post a Comment